Thursday, May 9, 2013

One Of My Many Foibles

My friend Carolyn and I went out for a long walk today, which was approximately 9.7 miles according to mapmyrun.com. Anyway, we got into a discussion of character flaws. One of the biggest things I struggle with is standing up for myself. I don't get upset enough when people are rude, disrespectful, and inconsiderate to me. I've always thought that this was a good quality, but balance is key. I've been reading some zen Buddhist book and its emphasis is mostly about "letting go," but when is it too much and letting people walk all over you? Gah, it's my constant battle. Shall I dare ask my readers, what are some of your character flaws? Maybe we can support one another on the path to self-actualization and transcendence.

This is just a glimpse of what I'm doing with my time here in a foreign country. Finding myself and improving myself.

Until next time!

Sophia Peligrosa 

No comments:

Post a Comment