Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Close of Pre-Service Training

Two of my host sisters at our brother-in-law's birthday dinner

The view at Lake Sevan makes me miss the San Diego beaches.

one of the church compounds at Lake Sevan

so captivating...this reminds me of Hemingway's The Old Man and the Sea 

this is the famous 800 year old walnut tree.
people are suppose to crawl through it three times to make
their wish come true

Inside the 800 year old wishing tree
Honey baby Joy Jan making pancakes for Sunday Brunch!

My contribution towards this meal was my baking powder
and chocolate peanut butter I brought from home!

My host nephew's invention...kick bowling with water bottles.

This kid is amazing...he took me to the fields filled with  sunflowers and a cool stream.
 If I ever had a kid...it would be this one...
picking flowers and playing royalty with wreaths we make from vines and etc.

Ms. Phi! And yes...I drew these abysmal drawings for action verbs

Celebrating the end of our language assessment and portfolio presentations at the fish restaurant

Happy Birthday Debra. Prime number, prime year!!

I love the abundance of fruits during the summer time.

Learning culinary vocabulary in our language class!

Our astronomy lesson for Model School

Body parts

Hard at work video editing at the news station

Armenia News Anchor PHOEBE CHONGCHUA!!
One of our classes for model school...isn't our class nice and fancy?

Givor hard at work preparing the chicken horovats

Somethings are just universal...the men are responsible for the grilling here in Armenia too.

Local musician at Lake Sevan


No comments:

Post a Comment